DFS/Coeus - Terms of service
EFFECTIVE: November 18, 2022
IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY : YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”) OF DATA FUSION SPECIALISTS, LLC (hereinafter referred to as “DFS”) AND ITS SOLUTION (“COEUS”) IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, WHICH INCLUDE YOUR AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS. PLEASE REVIEW THOROUGHLY BEFORE ACCEPTING.
BY CLICKING/CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON/BOX, ACCESSING THE DFS/COEUS WEBSITE OR BY UTILIZING THE DFS/COEUS SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND ALL EXHIBITS, ORDER FORMS, AND INCORPORATED POLICIES (THE “AGREEMENT” OR “TOS”). THE DFS/COEUS SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
DFS/Coeus will provide the Services, and you may access and use the Services, in accordance with this Agreement. DFS/Coeus may provide any of the Services hereunder through any of its Affiliates. If You order Services through an on-line registration page or an order form (each an “Order Form”), the Order Form may contain additional terms and conditions and information regarding the Services you are ordering. Unless otherwise expressly set forth in any such additional terms and conditions applicable to the specific Service which You choose to use, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement in relation to Your use of that Service.
System Requirements. Use of the Services requires one or more compatible devices, Internet access (fees may apply), and certain software (fees may apply), and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Because use of the Services involves hardware, software, and Internet access, Your ability to access and use the Services may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed Internet access is recommended. You acknowledge and agree that such system requirements, which may be changed from time to time, are Your responsibility.
- DEFINITIONS. The following definitions will apply in this Agreement, and any reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa.
- “Affiliate” means, with respect to a Party, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with that Party.
- “End User” means a user or Participant who uses the Services.
- “Initial Subscription Term” means the initial subscription term for a Service as specified in an Order Form.
- “Laws” means all U.S. or non-U.S. national, regional, state, provincial or local laws, statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, administrative rulings, judgments, decrees, orders, directives, policies, or treaties applicable to DFS/Coeus’s provision and Customer’s use of the Services.
- “Service Effective Date” means the date an Initial Subscription Term begins as specified in an Order Form.
- “Renewal Term” means the renewal subscription term for a Service commencing after the Initial Subscription Term or another Renewal Term as specified in an Order Form.
- “Taxes and Fees” and “Taxes or Fees” means all applicable sales, use, environmental or regulatory taxes, charges, surcharges or assessments levied on the provision of Services to Customer (exclusive of any income tax imposed on DFS/Coeus).
- “Your Data” means information provided to DFS/Coeus so that DFS/Coeus can fulfill the terms of the Agreement and provide access to the Services (e.g., company name, billing address, taxpayer ID number, VAT registration number, contact name and information). You are solely responsible for the accuracy of Your Data, and DFS/Coeus has no liability whatsoever for errors and omissions in Your Data.
- SERVICES. DFS/Coeus will provide the Services as described on the Order Form, and standard updates to the Services that are made generally available by DFS/Coeus during the term. DFS/Coeus may, in its sole discretion, discontinue the Services or modify the features of the Services from time to time without prior notice.
- USE OF SERVICES AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES. You may only use the Services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for Your and Your End Users’ use of the Services and shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with Your and each End User’s use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws related to recording, intellectual property, privacy and export control. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
- Registration Information. You may be required to provide information about Yourself in order to register for and/or use certain Services. You agree that any such information shall be accurate. You may also be asked to choose a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of Your username and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
- Your Content. You agree that You are solely responsible for the content (“Content”) sent or transmitted by You or displayed or uploaded by You in using the Services and for compliance with all Laws pertaining to the Content, including, but not limited to, Laws requiring You to obtain the consent of a third party to use the Content and to provide appropriate notices of third party rights. You represent and warrant that You have the right to upload the Content to DFS/Coeus and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party. Under no circumstances will DFS/Coeus be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Services, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content. Although DFS/Coeus is not responsible for any Content, DFS/Coeus may delete any Content, at any time without notice to You, if DFS/Coeus becomes aware that it violates any provision of this Agreement, or any law. You retain copyright and any other rights You already hold in Content which You submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
- Prohibited Use. You agree that You will not, and will not permit any End User to: (i) modify, customize, disassemble, decompile, prepare derivative works of, create improvements, derive innovations from, reverse engineer or attempt to gain access to any underlying technology of the Services (e.g., any source code, process, data set or database, management tool, development tool, server or hosting site, etc); (ii) knowingly or negligently use the Services in a way that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts DFS/Coeus’s networks, Your accounts, or the Services; (iii) engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading, (iv) transmit through the Services any material that may infringe the intellectual property or other rights of third parties; (v) build or benchmark a competitive product or service, or copy any features, functions or graphics of the Services; or (vi) use the Services to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation; (vii) upload or transmit any software, Content or code that does or is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of the Services in any way or which does or is intended to harm or extract information or data from other hardware, software or networks of DFS/Coeus or other users of Services; (viii) engage in any activity or use the Services or DFS/Coeus account in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Services, or any servers or networks connected to the Services or DFS/Coeus’s security systems. (ix) use the Services in violation of any DFS/Coeus policy or in a manner that violates applicable law, including but not limited to anti-spam, export control, privacy, and anti-terrorism laws and regulations and laws requiring the consent of subjects of audio and video recordings, and You agree that You are solely responsible for compliance with all such laws and regulations.
- Limitations on Use. You may not reproduce, resell, or distribute the Services or any reports or data generated by the Services for any purpose unless You have been specifically permitted to do so under a separate agreement with DFS/Coeus. You may not offer or enable any third parties to use the Services purchased by You, display on any website or otherwise publish the Services or any Content obtained from a Service (other than Content created by You) or otherwise generate income from the Services or use the Services for the development, production or marketing of a service or product substantially similar to the Services.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR END USERS. You are responsible for the activities of all End Users who access or use the Services through Your account and You agree to ensure that any such End User will comply with the terms of this Agreement and any DFS/Coeus policies. DFS/Coeus assumes no responsibility or liability for violations. If You become aware of any violation of this Agreement in connection with use of the Services by any person, please contact DFS/Coeus at trust@DFS/Coeus.chat DFS/Coeus may investigate any complaints and violations that come to its attention and may take any (or no) action that it believes is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or User profiles. Under no circumstances will DFS/Coeus be liable in any way for any data or other content viewed while using the Services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content
- DFS/COEUS OBLIGATIONS FOR CONTENT. DFS/Coeus will maintain reasonable physical and technical safeguards to prevent unauthorized disclosure of or access to Content, in accordance with industry standards. DFS/Coeus will notify You if it becomes aware of unauthorized access to Content. DFS/Coeus will not access, view or process Content except (a) as provided for in this Agreement and in DFS/Coeus’s Privacy Statement; (b) as authorized or instructed by You, (c) as required to perform its obligations under this Agreement; or (d) as required by Law. DFS/Coeus has no other obligations with respect to Content.
- ELIGIBILITY. You affirm that You are at least 18 years of age and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. Your access may be terminated without warning if we reasonably believe that You are under the age of 18 or are otherwise ineligible.
- INTENDED USE; RESTRICTION ON USE BY CHILDREN. The Services are intended for business use. You may choose to use the Services for other purposes, subject to the terms and limitations of this Agreement. DFS/Coeus is not for use by individuals under the age of 18.
- CHARGES AND CANCELLATION. You agree that DFS/Coeus may charge to Your credit card or other payment mechanism selected by You and approved by DFS/Coeus (“Your Account”) all amounts due and owing for the Services. All payments made by You to us under this Agreement will be made free and clear of any deduction or withholding, as may be required by law. If any such deduction or withholding (including but not limited to domestic or cross-border withholding taxes) is required on any payment, You will pay such additional amounts as are necessary so that the net amount received by us is equal to the amount then due and payable under this Agreement. We will provide You with such tax forms as are reasonably requested in order to reduce or eliminate the amount of any withholding or deduction for taxes in respect of payments made under this Agreement. DFS/Coeus may change prices at any time, including changing from a free service to a paid service and charging for Services that were previously offered free of charge; provided, however, that DFS/Coeus will provide You with prior notice and an opportunity to terminate Your Account if DFS/Coeus changes the price of a Service to which You are subscribed and will not charge You for a previously free Service unless You have been notified of the applicable fees and agreed to pay such fees. You agree that in the event DFS/Coeus is unable to collect the fees owed to DFS/Coeus for the Services through Your Account, DFS/Coeus may take any other steps it deems necessary to collect such fees from You and that You will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by DFS/Coeus in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs and attorneys’ fees. You further agree that DFS/Coeus may collect interest at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the highest amount permitted by law on any amounts not paid when due. You may cancel Your subscription at any time. If You cancel, You will not be billed for any additional terms of service, and service will continue until the end of the current Subscription Term. If You cancel, You will not receive a refund for any service already paid for.
- TAXES. Unless stated otherwise, all prices and fees shown by DFS/Coeus are exclusive of Taxes and regulatory fees, service, service fees, set up fees, subscription fees, or any other fee or charge associated with Your Account. Where applicable, Taxes and regulatory fees will be charged on the invoices issued by DFS/Coeus in accordance with local laws and regulations. DFS/Coeus, in its sole discretion, will calculate the amount of Taxes due. The taxes and regulatory fees charged can be changed without notice.
- Tax exemptions. If You are exempt from any Tax or Fee, You will provide DFS/Coeus with all appropriate tax exemption certificates, and/or other documentation satisfactory to the applicable taxing authorities to substantiate such exemption status. DFS/Coeus reserves the right to review and validate tax exemption documentation. In the event that the tax exemption documentation is not valid, DFS/Coeus reserves the right to charge applicable taxes to You.
- Payment of Taxes and Fees. You will pay to DFS/Coeus any applicable Taxes and Fees. You are solely responsible for paying any and all Taxes and Fees owing as a result of DFS/Coeus’s provision of the Services to You. If You are required to pay any Taxes and Fees, You shall pay such amounts with no reduction or offset in amounts payable to DFS/Coeus hereunder and You will pay and bear such additional amount, as shall be necessary such that DFS/Coeus receives the full amount of payment required as if no such reduction or offset were required.
- Tax determination. Tax determination is principally based on the location where the Customer has established its business based on the Customer Data, or for individuals where that individual permanently resides. This will be defined by DFS/Coeus as Your ‘Sold To’ address. DFS/Coeus reserves the right to cross reference this location against other available evidence to validate whether Your location is accurate. In the event that Your location is inaccurate, DFS/Coeus reserves the right to charge You any outstanding Taxes and Fees.
- Use and enjoyment. If You purchase DFS/Coeus Services, and those Services are used and enjoyed by a subsidiary of You in a country that is different than Your location as determined by Section 9(c) of this TOS, You confirm that where required You will treat this as a supply to Your subsidiary. In the event You purchase Services and those Services are used and enjoyed by a branch or individual in a country that is different to Your location as determined by Section 9 (c) of this TOS, You acknowledge that You will inform DFS/Coeus of the Services that have been allocated and You acknowledge that DFS/Coeus reserves the right to charge Taxes and Fees based on the use and enjoyment of those Services.
- TERMINATION. The DFS/Coeus website contains information on how to terminate Your Account. If you have purchased a Service for a specific term, such termination will be effective on the last day of the then-current term. Your Order Form may provide that a Renewal Term will begin automatically unless either party provides written notice of termination at least thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of the next Renewal Term. If You fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement, DFS/Coeus may terminate this Agreement immediately and retain any fees previously paid by You. Sections 1 and 3 through 21, inclusive, shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, You must cease any further use of the Services. If at any time You are not happy with the Services, Your sole remedy is to cease using the Services and follow this termination process.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. DFS/Coeus and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all proprietary rights in the Services and in all trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names (“DFS/Coeus Marks”) associated or displayed with the Services. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any DFS/Coeus Marks, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of DFS/Coeus without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing DFS/Coeus Marks without DFS/Coeus’s express written consent.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. Each party agrees to regard and preserve as confidential all non-public information provided by the other party relating to the business, systems, operations, source code, Services, strategic plans, clients, pricing (including, but not limited to, the pricing terms herein), methods, processes, financial data, programs, and/or products of the other party in any form, that are designated as “confidential,” or a reasonable person knows or reasonably should understand to be confidential (herein “Confidential Information”). Each party agrees to limit its disclosure of the other party’s Confidential Information to as few persons as possible and only to those persons with a need to know that are its or its Affiliates’ personnel and subject to an obligation to keep such information confidential. Except as needed to fulfill their respective obligations under the Agreement or as expressly permitted herein, the receiving party shall not: (i) disclose the disclosing party’s Confidential Information to any person, firm, or enterprise without the disclosing party’s prior written consent, or (ii) use the disclosing party’s Confidential Information for its own benefit, or the benefit of a third party.
- Exclusions. “Confidential Information” shall not include Content or information that (a) is already rightfully known to a party at the time it is obtained from the other party, free from any obligation to keep such information confidential; (b) is or becomes publicly known or available through no wrongful act of a party; (c) is rightfully received from a third party without restriction and without breach of this TOS; or (d) is developed by a party without the use of any proprietary, non-public information provided by the other party under the Agreement.
- Exception. Either party may disclose Confidential Information where required by law, regulation, or court order, provided that the party subject to such law, regulation or court order shall, where permitted, notify the other party of any such use or requirement prior to disclosure in order to afford such other party an opportunity to seek a protective order to prevent or limit disclosure of the information to third parties.
- Confidentiality Period and Obligations. The confidentiality obligations set forth in this section of the TOS shall remain in effect for a period of five (5) years from the disclosure of the information. Both parties agree (a) to take reasonable steps to protect the other party’s Confidential Information, and these steps must be at least as protective as those the receiving party takes to protect its own Confidential Information, and no less than a reasonable standard of care; (b) to notify the disclosing party promptly upon discovery of any unauthorized use or disclosure of Confidential Information; and (c) in the event of any unauthorized disclosure by a receiving party, to cooperate with the disclosing party to help regain control of the Confidential Information and prevent further unauthorized use or disclosure of it.
- COPYRIGHT. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. DFS/Coeus may deny access to the Services to any User who is alleged to infringe another party’s copyright. Without limiting the foregoing, if You believe that Your copyright has been infringed, please notify DFS/Coeus as specified at email@example.com.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services, or a portion thereof, are subject to the Export Administration Regulations, 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-774, of the United States and may be subject to other applicable country export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Control and Sanctions Laws”). You and Your End Users may not access, use, export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Services or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Control and Sanctions Laws. You represent and warrant that: (i) You and Your End Users (a) are not citizens of, or located within, a country or territory that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including without limitation Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine) and that You and Your End Users will not access or use the Services, or export, re-export, divert, or transfer the Services, in or to such countries or territories; (b) are not persons, or owned 50% or more, individually or in the aggregate by persons, identified on the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List or Foreign Sanctions Evaders Lists; and (c) are not persons on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List, Entity List, or Unverified List, or U.S. Department of State proliferation-related lists; (ii) You and Your End Users located in China, Russia, or Venezuela are not Military End Users and will not put DFS/Coeus’s Services to a Military End Use, as defined in 15 C.F.R. 744.21; (iii) no Content created or submitted by You or Your End Users is subject to any restriction on disclosure, transfer, download, export or re- export under the Export Control and Sanctions Laws; and (iv) You and Your End Users will not take any action that would constitute a violation of, or be penalized under, U.S. antiboycott laws administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You are solely responsible for complying with the Export Control and Sanctions Laws and monitoring them for any modifications.
- NO HIGH RISK USE. The Services are not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems. The Services shall not be used for or in any HIGH RISK environment
- INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any use of the Services contrary to this Agreement, or any transfer, sublicensing, copying or disclosure of technical information or materials related to the Services, may cause irreparable injury to DFS/Coeus, its Affiliates, suppliers and any other party authorized by DFS/Coeus to resell, distribute, or promote the Services (“Resellers”), and under such circumstances DFS/Coeus, its Affiliates, suppliers and Resellers will be entitled to equitable relief, without posting bond or other security, including, but not limited to, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief.
- NO WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND DFS/COEUS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND RESELLERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. DFS/COEUS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND RESELLERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. DFS/COEUS DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. DFS/COEUS CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DFS/Coeus, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, suppliers and Resellers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees) arising from Your use of the Services, Your violation of this Agreement or the infringement or violation by You or any other user of Your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity or applicable law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL DFS/COEUS OR ITS AFFILIATES'S, SUPPLIERS'S OR RESELLERS'S BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF DFS/COEUS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, DFS/COEUS’S, ITS AFFILIATES’, SUPPLIERS’ AND RESELLERS’ MAXIMUM CUMULATIVE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES (IF ANY) IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION; WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION. You agree to resolve disputes only on an individual basis, pursuant to the provisions of Exhibit A attached hereto. The parties expressly waive any right to bring any action, lawsuit, or proceeding as a class or collective action, private attorney general action, or any other proceeding in which any party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity.
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A. Except as provided in Exhibit A, the Parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Floyd County, Georgia. U.S.A.
- Waiver and Severability. Failure by either Party to exercise any of its rights under, or to enforce any provision of, this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or ability to enforce such provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be amended to achieve as nearly as possible the same economic effect of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- General Provisions. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding and agreement between the Parties respecting the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes any and all prior understandings and agreements between the Parties respecting such subject matter, except that if You or Your company have executed a separate written agreement or You have signed an order form referencing a separate agreement governing Your use of the Services, then such agreement shall control to the extent that any provision of this Agreement conflicts with the terms of such agreement. DFS/Coeus may elect to change or supplement the terms of this Agreement from time to time at its sole discretion. DFS/Coeus will exercise commercially reasonable business efforts to provide notice to You of any material changes to this Agreement. Within ten (10) business days of posting changes to this Agreement (or ten (10) business days from the date of notice, if such is provided), they will be binding on You. If You do not agree with the changes, You should discontinue using the Services. If You continue using the Services after such ten-business-day period, You will be deemed to have accepted the changes to the terms of this Agreement. In order to participate in certain Services, You may be notified that You are required to download software and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless expressly set forth in such additional terms and conditions, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. This Agreement has been prepared in the English Language and such version shall be controlling in all respects and any non-English version of this Agreement is solely for accommodation purposes.
This Exhibit A to the “Terms of Service” describes the further provisions which apply to the Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver.
- Disputes. A dispute (herein, “Dispute”) is any controversy between You and DFS/Coeus concerning the Services, any software related to the Services, the price of the Services, Your account, DFS/Coeus’s advertising, marketing, or communications, Your purchase transaction or billing, or any term of this Agreement, under any legal theory including contract, warranty, tort, statute, or regulation, except disputes relating to the enforcement or validity of Your or DFS/Coeus’s intellectual property rights. As part of the best efforts process to resolve disputes, and prior to initiating arbitration proceedings, each party agrees to provide notice of the dispute to the other party, including a description of the dispute, what efforts have been made to resolve it, and what the disputing party is requesting as resolution, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Georgia, including any conflict of laws issues.
- Dispute Resolution Procedure. In the event any Dispute arises between the Parties, all such disputes shall be resolved by mediation/arbitration between the Parties. If mediation is unsuccessful in resolving the Dispute, then the Parties agree to binding arbitration to fully and finally resolve any such disputes. Mediation shall be conducted as agreed upon between the Parties; failing some agreement, then the mediation shall be accomplished through the State of Georgia Mediation Program having jurisdiction over the Superior Court Judicial System of Floyd County, Georgia. The Alternative Dispute Director shall choose or provide the Parties with three (3) choices of a mediator. The parties shall choose a mediator from these three (3) choices. If they cannot agree, then the Director shall choose from these three (3) choices, a mediator. Mediation shall be conducted as soon as possible, but no longer than thirty (30) days after mediation is invoked by either party, unless agreed upon between the Parties. Costs of mediation shall be divided, and any mediation agreement shall be in writing, conclusively ending the Parties’ Dispute.
- Arbitration Procedure. In the event mediation is unsuccessful, then either the mediator shall immediately become an arbitrator of the Dispute; or the Parties shall agree upon an arbitrator to settle completely any and all remaining issues as between them regarding any Dispute that arises pursuant to this Agreement. If they are unable to agree upon a neutral arbitrator, then the Alternative Dispute Director shall choose an arbitrator who has accomplished business arbitrations and/or alternative dispute resolutions involving pertinent issues which might arise pursuant to this Agreement. The costs of the arbitration shall be equally divided between the Parties and all portions of the arbitration proceedings shall be conducted under the Georgia Arbitration Code, as presently or hereafter amended. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final, and, if necessary, published and filed with the Superior Court of Floyd County; pursuant to the then applicable laws of Georgia involving arbitrations. The Parties, for themselves, their successors and assigns, agree to be bound by all terms, conditions and provisions of any final arbitration award. The decision of arbitration shall encompass any and all Dispute which might arise pursuant to this Agreement and any and all other matters related thereto. It is the parties’ intention that all claims shall be governed by the mediation and arbitration provisions set forth herein. Therefore, the Parties respectively waive any right to a jury trial of any action, claim or other proceeding which might arise pursuant to this Agreement. These alternative dispute resolution provisions are a material inducement for each of the Parties to enter into this Agreement.